Friday 2 January 2009

January 2nd - Happy Mew Year For Cats



I met up with the newly engaged couple today (Taf & Laurie) and went for lunch. Taf had already celebrated the day earlier on, which he will blog about soon enough. It was getting to 4pm and I realised that trying to capture the cat that sometimes comes into back garden was no guarantee that I'd be able to wish it a happy MEW year. So instead, with Laurie at the wheel, we went car hunting. Taf was looking to the left of the car and I was looking to the right as Laurie's car crawled along the streets of Halesowen. Then, all of a sudden, we found one. Taf tried to catch it with the cat attraction skills, but failed and it ran over a fence before the photo and mew year wishes could be exchanged.

We kept on kerb crawling for cats, until on the my side of the car I spotted another one! It was inside someone's house, perched perfectly on the window sill. Taf and I crawled up to the window, I posed and Taf took the picture. A quick Happy Mew Year was muttered by me and it was job done. The cat seemed a bit scared and wasn't in the Mew Year spirit.

Matt apparantly has a great one planned for tonight.

Here's Taf's picture for later, so that he can blog...

1 comment: