Monday 12 January 2009

January 11th - National Hot Toddy Day

I first came across Hot Toddy's when working at The Fox. Here's a definition of what one is...

"Hot toddy is a name given to a mixed drink that is served hot, believed to have originated in the 18th century to make the taste of scotch more palatable.[citation needed] Although there are many variations, essential ingredients are:

* a hot beverage which may be tea, coffee, cocoa, water, apple cider, etc.
* an alcoholic spirit such as brandy, rum, or whiskey.
* usually a sweetener, such as honey, sugar or syrup."

So for mine I went for ingredients I had in the house already, and they were Pimms, Apple Juice, Syrup, and Cinnamon. I was given a Winter Pimms Tea Pot Set a year ago and thought this was a great chance to use it. So I put the ingredients in the saucepan and heated the mixture up. Susie, Naomi and I drank the Hot Toddy's and they were lush. I have a cold at the moment so it was great timing.

No comments:

Post a Comment