Saturday 17 January 2009

January 12th-17th

It's been a fun week. Every day is something new and things that I normally do. That's why this year is going to be great. Taf loves Hot Toddy's now, something he probably wouldn't have normally have experienced otherwise. For me, the highlight of this week was probably Blame Someone Else Day.

So how did the week start? Well, Monday the 12th January was National Pharmacist Day. It was very well timed as I was feeling pretty ill and was off work. So I went down to Selly Oak and found one immediately. I went in and had a lovely chat with a lady who worked there. She didn't know that it was her day so I gave her good wishes and she seemed quite chuffed. I asked for a photo with her but she declined, which wasn't in the spirit of things, so I took one outside in the rain.



January 13th

This is brilliant. I'm sure people took part in this day without even meaning to. I, of course, decided to try and video me doing it and did quite a good job. I went into work at YFC and through a highlighter at Brodie, one of the volunteers. I immediately blamed it on Hannah and Brodie actually believed that it was her. Lovely stuff!!



January 14th National Hot Pastrami Day. Lovely. Pastrami is a kinda salted herbed dry beef. It's quite nice. I couldn't find any packaged stuff in the little supermarkets so instead I bought a pre-packed sandwich from Sainsburys. It came with the normal garnish of gherkin and american mustard. It was lovely. Happy days. I put it in the microwave in order to make it sweat and be hot.


January 15th

I was ill again today. Still couldn't shake the flu. So I got my slave Watko to get me some strawberry ice cream on the way home from work. She delivered. It was nice, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I couldn't taste it. Meh.



January 16th

SJ bought me some pink fluffy fairy wings today. So I went to Hinckley to have dinner with Crux Theatre in a pub. I sat with the wings on all night. Laura has the pics and will upload them to facebook soon. I felt belittled. But at least I celebrate the Festival of All Fairies. I love you tinkerbell and the tooth fairy, even if you never gave me as money as my friends.

January 17th How beautiful is this day. I would have loved to actually see a pig today, but it was Saturday and that means football for me. Instead I bought in sausages and bacon, an actual rare occurance for me! So I made a fry up. It was booootiful!! Here's me about to demolish it! LAVERLY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment